As someone immersed in the IT industry, and in particular in cloud computing technologies, I’m interested in working with firms as they develop their IT strategies and adopt new technologies.
Rackspace Hosting. Work with business analytics team developing statistical models to understand customer behavior. San Antonio, TX. Since 2010.
Peninsula Papagayo. Trained 15+ users in SAP configuration and business processes. Guanacaste, Costa Rica. Jan 2008.
Grupo ReRe, S.A. Assisted CEO of small automotive parts importer and repair shop in designing new enterprise IT architecture with completely new business processes software and local network. San José, Costa Rica. 2007-2008.
Cloud Computing Presentations:
- “Cloud Adoption in Latin America“, Technology Innovation International Congress, Costa Rica. October 2016.
- “The Economic Value of the Cloud and the Role of Millennials in its Adoption.”Procter & Gamble (P&G) Latin America IT Session. September 2015.
- “The Economic Value of the Cloud.” INCAE ExEd Online Webinar. September 2015.
- “The Economic Value of the Cloud and its Adoption in Costa Rica.” Costa Rican Technology Research Club (CIO and CTO business forum). May 2014.
- “The Economic Value of the Cloud and its Adoption in Costa Rica.” Costa Rica BarCamp 2014 (conference for web designers and developers). May 2014.
- “Cloud Economics: A few Ideas to Think About.” Cloud Computing Atlanta Meetup. Atlanta, GA. May 2011.
- “Understanding Competition in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem.” Presented to the top management team of The Rackspace Cloud division of Rackspace Inc., San Antonio, TX. January 2010.
Cloud Computing Discussion Panels:
- Invited Expert at “CIO Manager Hub“. Tech Day Costa Rica 2015. April 2015.
- Panelist at event “What will IT infrastructure look 5 years from now?” Georgia Tech MBA IT Club. Atlanta, GA. March 2012.
- Panelist at “CloudCamp Atlanta #2“. Georgia Tech Research Institute Conference Center. Atlanta, GA. October 2009.
Other IT-Related Presentations:
- “Operational Risks in IT: Security, Business Continuity and Adoption of New Technologies.” Finance Specialization Program. INCAE Business School. Nov 2014, Nov 2015, Oct 2016.
- “Financial Valuation of IT Projects.” INCAE ExEd Online Webinar. August 2016.
- “Technology Trends and Opportunities.” INCAE Business School. Jun 2015, Jun 2016.
- “The Role of ICTs in Latin America’s Competitiveness.” Global Network Week. INCAE Business School. March 2015
Millennials and Technology:
- INCAE ExEd Online Webinar. July 2015.
- Executive seminars hosted at INCAE Business School. Nov 2012; Jun, Sep, Nov 2013; Jun 2014; Nov 2014; Jun 2015.
- BAC San Jose Human Talent Development Club. September 2014.
- Human Resources Expo San Jose 2014. July 2014.
- Ad honorem talk at Costa Rican National Children’s Hospital. April 2014